Thirty years ago, on March 24, 1986 TeleConcepts placed the first of millions of calls helping our clients to capture and retain customers. It has been quite a ride. I want to thank all of our clients, past and present for their support. While we all know that the phrase “The customer is always right” is a fallacy, our customers (you), are however “The Best in the Business”.
I am proud of our successes, humbled by our failures, and thankful for the opportunity to work with all of you.
Take a minute for a quick look back and see how many of the following you remember.
- 1 gallon of gas 89 cents
- Soviet nuclear reactor at Chernobyl explodes on April 26th causing the release of radioactive material across much of Europe.
- The Space Shuttle Challenger disintegrates 73 seconds after launching, killing all seven astronauts on board.
- Mike Tyson becomes the youngest Heavyweight Champion in history
- Richard Branson on the 72-ft powerboat Virgin Challenger II breaks the world record for the fastest crossing of the Atlantic
- IBM unveils the PC Convertible, the first laptop computer.
- Platoon won the Oscar for best pic
- Paul Simon (Graceland) had the #1 album
- "Yeah... That's the ticket" - Jon Lovitz
- Bobby Ewing came out of the shower, alive.
- Cost of a Super Bowl ad in 1986: $550,000
- World Series Champions - The NY Mets
- Super Bowl XX Champions - Chicago Bears
- NBA Champions - Boston Celtics
- And finally, ironically, Marlee Matlin won the Best Actress Award for "Children of a Lesser God"